March 25, 2013

Week 13 | Spring Purge

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at a 'Manifest Your Best Life' workshop hosted by Meg Haines, a lovely LA friend of mine.  The workshop, among other things, encouraged us to create a vision board of the dreams and goals we'd like to achieve in 2013.  The idea being, you can break down your bigger goals and make them seem not so daunting by creating smaller, easier steps to achieve them.  My personal goals are mainly very practical ones: get a job, get a car and move house.  All very important but big goals!  I do have a few sideline goals: pay off my credit card, find a yoga centre that suits me, juice more (fruits and veg, not HGH), be more socially active... and the list goes on.  What was really good about the session was that we actually took the time to sit down and listen to ourselves.  In my experience, it's not often that you take the time to take stock of what you really want.  So, to spend an afternoon with people who are also looking to visualise their goals for the year, was really inspirational.  Meg did a really great meditation for us too, and it has been a while since I have meditated so it made me really get back into that form of relaxation.  I think I will try to do it more often.

I didn't quite finish my vision board but I have started to put together a pinterest board that I will eventually collate onto one sheet.  Below, however, are a few photos of some of the areas I managed to start.

Since taking part in the workshop I have had the urge to spring clean the house.  I am still partly living out of boxes which is starting to take it's toll, but until we can move house we are making the most of the space we have.  So my spring purging can only make things look and feel better.

The workshop (and self-empowering work like it) really was the perfect way to start off my week and the spring season.

Health

Home

Work









































































































Meg also does some other really amazing and inspirational workshops.  "Like" her facebook page for regular event updates.

Happy Week 13 ! 


3 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great workshop... I did a vision board for my business last year and was amazed at how I got everything that was on there - it was spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think by documenting or visualising what you want to achieve really motivates you. It also reminds you of what you are actually doing with your life and encourages you to go out and get it!!! It's also great for positivity! xXx

      Delete
  2. Marlen... You should totally try juicing. The combinations you can create are amazingly delicious. My advice though if you are considering buying a juicer is to get one that you don't have to take it all apart to clean. We have a Breville juicer and although it is an amazing piece of equipment it's takes a while to clean. I also LOVE to make lists. PC is always telling me to 'breathe' and take one step at a time :) xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips