February 11, 2013

Week 7_Research and prep

This week is going to be busy again.  It's only a week until PC's birthday, so I still have some research and prep left to do for that.  I have been continuing on with my 'secret knitting', so I aim to get that finished this week (or as near as damn it).  I am also going to design a poster of sorts to put up on his Facebook page as a homage to being 30 (hehehe) !!!

It's pancake day this week, so we'll be doing some flipping on Tuesday night after our weekly trip to the farmer's market.  For savoury pancakes, I'm thinking: cheese, ham and tomato, and for the sweet ones: strawberry and blueberry, and not forgetting the traditional: syrup, lemon and sugar.  PC hasn't celebrated pancake day before, so this will be a fun treat and the start of a new tradition.

I have my weekly knitting groups scheduled for this week.  On Tuesdays and Fridays I meet with a group of ladies at Wildfiber in Santa Monica.  We all work on our own varying projects and natter away whilst munching on chips and guac.  On Wednesday, I meet with a different set of ladies at Gather DTLA for a knit-along.  This is where we all work on the same project.  We are currently working on a very detailed lace shawl.  Of all my knitting challenges to date this is proving to be the hardest and even though its a steep learning curve, my progress is proving to be pretty slow.  On Thursday, there is a 'yarn tasting evening' at Gather DTLA which is an event where you can check out the new yarns due to arrive in the store.  There is also wine and chocolate sampling from local merchants, so count me in!

I have also signed us up to see a furniture exhibition called "Alley-Oop" at Poketo on Saturday night.  I've been meaning to head down to the store, so this is a great excuse for us to check it out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips