January 29, 2013

Granny Square Blanket

As one project finishes another one starts and when I found this lovely Rowan Cocoon (80% merino wool and 10% kid mohair) on sale in Knit Culture, I just had to buy it.  I had no idea what I'd make with it, but with four balls worth I have a decent amount of yarn.  No sooner as we'd stepped through the door at home, I was looking online for some inspiration.  I finally set my mind on making a crocheted blanket made up of several granny squares.  The idea being, that I will have several blue squares that will be joined together using a lighter yarn in either a grey or cream.  So far, I have crocheted 7.5 squares out of one ball.  So I'll have at least 28 squares when I've finished all the four balls.  I am contemplating getting more skeins in a different colour so I can make an even bigger blanket.  I just need to decide on which colour to go for, but that's the exciting part :) 

Rowan Cocoon 80% Merino 20% Kid Mohair

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips