January 14, 2013

Week 3_Home-made

I've decided to give each week of the year a task.  Last week was the week of "Healthy Eating and Fitness!".  Unfortunately the fitness part didn't come into play whatsoever (apart from a hike up Runyon Canyon, which was closely followed by a pastrami sandwich).  So let's be honest, the healthy eating didn't come into play either.  'Onwards and upwards' I say, and this week is a brand new week.  The healthy eating and fitness still apply, however this week is called "Home-Made".  

Monday, I whipped up a quinoa salad with tomatoes, avocado, pinto beans, fresh herbs, seeds and a dressing made up of olive oil and lemon.

Quinoa Salad

Thursday's salad was tuna with tomatoes, red onion, capers, fresh parsley and rice with an olive oil and lemon dressing.

Tuna Salad

Uncle Pepe (Steve), kindly bought me a salad spinner, which is one of the best kitchen tools ever and I geeked out when I first used it.  No more soggy leaves in this house.  I have also used it for beans, strawberries and herbs, but not all at the same time!

1 comment :

  1. These salads sound YUMMY!! Gonna nick these and pass them off as my own ;) love becky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips