January 14, 2013

Leg Warmer

I thought it was about time for me to start the second of my pair of leg warmers seeing as I finished the first before Christmas.  I've been putting it off because I have to knit it on double pointed needles, which I'm not a huge fan of.  However, when I started it again it actually wasn't so bad. The yarn is a Rowan Purelife British Sheep Breeds Chunky Undyed and the colour is Steel Grey Suffolk 954.  

My good friend Adam got me the first ball as a present from Baa Ram Ewe, a lovely yarn shop in Leeds, Yorkshire in the North of England.  It is run by the wife of my friend Chris who I used to work with at an interior design agency in Manchester.  I have yet to visit the shop, but I can imagine it to be well designed and beautifully laid out.  To my luck, I found the second ball in Los Angeles at the store Wildfiber in Santa Monica.  One thing I love about this yarn is that it is 100% British and has the most wonderful, natural smell, which reminds me of the farms at home in England.

The pattern:  I was inspired by the Luxy Leg Warmer from the Pickles website. I have adapted the pattern slightly and in order to suit my chosen yarn.

Progress so far:

Leg warmer part 1

Rowan Purelife wool . . . smells like farms :)

Double pointed needles size 7mm

Bubba helping me out with my yarn organising

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips