January 12, 2013

Yarn Basket

When I was in Connecticut for the Christmas holidays, I received a lovely package sent via the Royal Mail.  My best friend Jemma had posted me a present for my birthday.  The package contained a chunky grey yarn from a store in Manchester, called Purl City Yarns and a beautiful bracelet in celebration of the last year of my 20's.  My task with this wool is to create a yarn basket to hold my ever increasing range of knitting materials.  I wanted to combine this soft grey with the hot pink that I got from Purl Soho. I am going to knit the basket based on a pattern from Pickles but adapting it ever so slightly to suit my yarns.  I required different knitting needles, so I purchased the super chunky size 15mm.  I am excited to get started and see how it turns out.   

Grey yarn from Purl City Yarns

Hot neon pink from Purl Soho

Pink wound and ready to go

Grey wound and ready to go

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips